• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hi from "Down Under"

Horse72Chall

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
My wife and I are new to this forum, and are fresh Mopar owners. We are in Perth, Western Australia, probably as far away from most members as you could possibly get lol.
I have worked on Mopar/Hemi racecars (drag racing mostly) for over 35 years but never actually owned one.
We recently acquired a '72 Challenger hardtop with a 440 and 727 with 8 3/4" rear end. VIN # JH23G2B485321.
The car is in great shape aside from needing a full bush kit and fresh bumpers, as the old ones are looking their age.
We are chasing up some info on the car on the off chance that some of the members here may know. The car was built in Hamtramck in 72, and eventually made it's way to Indiana, where it was found quietly rotting away in a cornfield. It was originally red with black vinyl roof with a 318. The car was purchased by a radio station in Milwaukee and rebuilt for a radio competition/giveaway prize. It was repainted in Hummer "competition yellow" and the 440 & 727 were fitted.
I don't have an exact date, but I think this was circa 2000.
The previous Perth owner had lots of info on the history of this car, but lost everything when his computer caught a virus.
Anyway, we are looking forward to our Mopar journey and would love some more details on her history if anyone here knows of this car.
We are away from home ATM, but will post some pics when we get back.
Mal & Bonnie

Last edited:

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
IMG_1924.jpeg

Rapidfire

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Nice to have you with us! I have been to Perth/Fremantle W Australia. Very nice country, enjoyed my stay there. Nice people. 🙂

AUSTA

Reaction score
Go too a few shows here & there Joondalup & Motoplex are pretty good plenty of go with that big 440

Back