• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hi from Stoney Creek, Ontario Canada

slepr1

Reaction score
I'm a proud owner of a 71 Cuda. I've been a cuda admirer, mopar fan for many years. I've spent some time over at a couple other mopar forums and thought I'd check here what other mopar owners are up to. I hope to contribute what I can.

Cuda(1).jpgIMG_20140920_000258.jpgIMG_20140926_163754.jpg

Cuda(1).jpg

IMG_20140920_000258.jpg

IMG_20140926_163754.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! What's up with the hood in that second pic???
nice car btw.

slepr1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! What's up with the hood in that second pic???
nice car btw.

Thanks....The illusion of the whole in the hood is actually the rear view mirror.

Ah, the Motor City...my old stompin ground. I use to live in Chatham Ontario, which is about 45 min away from Detroit. Back in the day I bought and picked up allot of mopar parts from Mancini somewhere around there. We would never leave Detroit until we had our fill at the Golden Fleece in Greektown, then load up on baked good a few door down.

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Thanks....The illusion of the whole in the hood is actually the rear view mirror.

Ah, the Motor City...my old stompin ground. I use to live in Chatham Ontario, which is about 45 min away from Detroit. Back in the day I bought and picked up allot of mopar parts from Mancini somewhere around there. We would never leave Detroit until we had our fill at the Golden Fleece in Greektown, then load up on baked good a few door down.
That's quite an illusion with the rvm in that pic! I thought a window was added to the hood so you could see the engine when closed. I must not have had enough coffee at that point this morning. I still go to Mancinis, that's where I buy my Brad Penn.

Bill

Reaction score
Welcome from Vermont. The rear view mirror is a very interesting optical illusion. I never would of guessed without you telling. Nice gauge cluster. Is that a classic dash?

slepr1

Reaction score
Welcome from Vermont. The rear view mirror is a very interesting optical illusion. I never would of guessed without you telling. Nice gauge cluster. Is that a classic dash?

The gauge cluster is a custom piece I made a couple weeks ago. I was very close to buying a Classic Dash. Glad I didn't...customizing was very easy to do.

slepr1

Reaction score
Great looking car, you will have to tell us how you made the cluster.

I had a spare gauge cluster panel. I first made a template out of cardboard to mimic the gauge layout I wanted. I used a dremel to grind away the panel plastic I didn't need and where the gauges would be set. I cut and formed a piece of 30 gauge steel to mimic the template. Then I glued the turning signals into place on the panel. Then I vinyl wrapped the newly cut steel faceplate. Installed gauges, hammered it all back together and done.

Back