• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hooker or TTI headers?

scatpackkid

Reaction score
I need help with the headers for my 440 Challenger. I've looked at Hooker headers for about 500 bucks and TTI headers for about 700 bucks. I know the TTI headers are under-chassis or they run over the steering linkage. My question is don't the Hooker headers go over the steering linkage also? I called Hooker and they weren't very clear on this. The pictures online look like they go over the steering. Anyone got Hookers on their Challenger? I'd like to go with the Hookers and save the 200 bucks but not if they are going to scrape the pavement.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Well the Hooker 5115 goes over the center link on the small block
for my $$ I would by TTI or Dougs though , the Hooker is still lighter material

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
My view on this is simple , by the time you have to fix a few header leaks , replace a few burned wires & curse trying to get & #5 & 7 spark plugs out you are going to spend the $$ anyway why not invest in a better product & save the aggrivation

projectmopar

Reaction score
My view on this is simple , by the time you have to fix a few header leaks , replace a few burned wires & curse trying to get & #5 & 7 spark plugs out you are going to spend the $$ anyway why not invest in a better product & save the aggrivation

Like the old saying "NO SHI.", get an infection from burns and you'll spend the difference saved on medical bills. :icon_eek:

Sublime 70

Reaction score
TTI all the way, just put them on my 70 Challenger....awesome fit , no problems at all!

royo

Reaction score
My brother in-law bought Hookers for his '68 440 Charger. Fitment sucks big time. I'm going to tell him to forget them and buy the TTI's. Or at least run the stock manifolds for now.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
same old story !!
As Leo said if the product is good the price is forgotten , , the other way around you regret not spending a few more $$ everytime you have to fight with the headers or replace wires or let burns heal .

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I agree TTI. I worked on a 69 Road Runner with a 440 and they fit well. The car was easy to work on.

moparleo

Reaction score
TTI is constantly researching and testing different Mopar combos as Mopar is their only business. Give them a call and tell them your combo, they might have a set that did not make the catalog yet. Good luck and always go with the best quality you can afford, no matter what the product. In the end, you can't go wrong.

Dixiedodge7369

Reaction score
TTI hookers are junk. I have TTI full exhaust on my challenger awesome fit perfect never leaked. Hooker super comps on my 69 superbee junk hit both frame rails rubbed on the torsion bars. Had to change gaskets every two months.

detroitgtx

Reaction score
I am looking at new headers for my 383, My old headers were wrapped around the starter and when the starter went I had to pull the engine out to change it. Obviously I could have jacked it up enough for the headers to clear the steering gear, but I decided to go ahead and pull the engine and give it a much needed overhaul.

Any headers that go up and back that would work and be out of the way of the starter? Or another set of headers that would eliminate the problem? I see TTI is the most recommended. Just getting my feet wet here and not sure where to go.

Thanks!

-Gerry

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Gerry the TTI will allow the starter out If you use the new Mini starter , no header will allow enough room to remove the old style .

cordodge

Reaction score
good ain't cheap and cheap ain't good. TTI all the way

Back