• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

How to Install Rallye Gauges From the Front?

Not Jonathan

Reaction score
I'm looking for the best method to install the gauges and switch panel from the front. Seems like I hit on the trim. I have dropped the column all the way. Thanks for any tips.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
A factory service manual for your year, make & model will guide you through it.
what trim? Why not remove the pieces in the way?

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Exactly, what trim you taking about? Pictures would help showing what you're dealing with. I've done this a few times and the only place it's ever been a slight bother was wiggling it past the upper corners of the dash pad. Obviously, gauges first then switch panel.

pschlosser

Reaction score
You're on the right track. Most of the work to remove the cluster can be done without removing the dash. Dropping the steering column out of the way is a big help.

If memory serves, you next remove the dash lighting bar along the top, then the bezel panel covers. After that, the instrument cluster comes out.

Katfish

Reaction score
I always remove the 2 front nuts holding the dash down, then you can push up on the dash for clearance. I leave the left 1 off, the switch panel covers it. The other 1 under the light bar in the middle can be put back on.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Ummm, in his first post he asked: "best method to install" , not remove. Could he maybe have misspoke?

pschlosser

Reaction score
There is only two ways to install the cluster. With the dash in, and with the dash out. The latter is much more work. Some of us need assurance, the first time, this is how its done. His dropping the steering wheel may be all he needs to get the access he wants.

ZippyZoo

Reaction score
After you get the gauge cluster in, you may want to put some masking tape on the left side of the cluster to help prevent potential scratches in the “wood” bezel trim when manipulating the switch panel into place.

Back