• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hurricane Irma

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I'm in the path of the storm eye. My home and shop are older and built for a Cat 2 storm. We have to leave. We will have to leave our pets and hope they survive along with everything we own. I'm not the only one on the board in this upcoming mess in Florida. People in Tx are hurting and it looks like we will be joining them.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Hope you are all safe
I have a cousin in the keys breeds Appaloosa horses

/sixchall

Reaction score
Wish you folks all the luck I can send, stay safe, cat 5's are no fun. Here's hoping that Irma decides to veer off and keep you and yours out of harms way.
I've been through one myself, when I was stationed at NAS Pensacola in 1969 we were visited by Hurricane Camille, she made landfall as a cat. 5 on the Gulf Coast, with sustained 190 mph winds, a storm surge of 22.6 feet, man, she was real nasty. So I may be in SoCal, but I know........I know.
Thanks, Al

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Thank you. The storm track moved a little east, but not enough. If it moves 50+ miles east into the Atlantic we will have a bad storm. It won't be catastrophic. The worst thing for me is leaving pets behind in buildings that have a 90% chance of failure.

/sixchall

Reaction score
I love my animals too Challenger6pak, mainly cats, but none the less still love them. So I know how you feel. Not sure what you have pets or how many. But I suppose if there was a way to pack them up along with your family I'm sure, by the way you feel about them you would. Again hopes and prayers for you all.
I'll be watching from the other coast. Thanks, Al

challenger6pak

Reaction score
They won't allow them in a shelter. I rescue and foster both dogs and cats. There can be up to 20 at a time here. Too many to take with me. I'm working on getting some to different places until this is done. Texas filled all of our shelters. I have 3 mostly blind cats that I do plan to take out of here to somewhere one way or another. Cats do better than dogs in a disaster like this if they have to fend for themselves.

dadeo1852

Reaction score
Well challenger6pak, here's hoping something magical happens and your place and others in the path are spared. Wonder if Robert is leaving too.

Grady Cain

Reaction score
I lived in Coral Springs for about 8 months back in 2013. Glad I'm not there now as it appears to be right in the path. Good luck to you and all members in Florida...

SFEbody

Reaction score
Good things happen to good people Sir, our prayers are with you as I know you are one of the good people.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
@dadeo1852 I don't know about Robert at this time. Sunday will be the bad day with 130 mph gusts. Basically it will be a day long tornado. Am I the only one here in south Florida? Thank you for all the well wishes. Tomorrow we are reinforcing inside walls.

seneca

Reaction score
Best of luck to you 6pak. Sounds like another one is firing up behind Irma also. Praying for all of you in Florida.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Hey guys. Got lots of damage. Waiting for the power to come on to determine if the house is habitable.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Thank you. The family is ok. My pets and the rescues are ok. We will have to rebuild from here. I have a cousin in Ft. Myers that is still under water with caskets floating in her yard from a nearby cemetery. Another friend in the keys has a boat through what is left of her home. I consider myself fortunate. Here is the keys home.
21728007_10212578855338527_3881659075720876716_n.jpg

Back