• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Long brakepedel travel

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
The picture shows it bench bleed. but you can do it on the car. with an an assistant, so you can watch for bubbles.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I should also say.there should be a solid steam. Like I said it will be a process of elimination. I think some things are eliminated.

rasmus westlin

Reaction score
I should also say.there should be a solid steam. Like I said it will be a process of elimination. I think some things are eliminated.
What do you mean with solid steam? Because when i bleed the calippers it only coming out clear brakefluid.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Force bleed next. there are other tools.

Attachments

• force bleed.jpg
    force bleed.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 154
  • force bleed2.jpg
    force bleed2.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 159

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
If you bleed and you have fluid at all 4 wheels and some pressure. I'm inclined to go back to the master cylinder. or proportioning valve

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Angle of master cylinder. a light come on? I forced bleed lines and master cylinder and still had the problem. Had long pedal travel and some brakes. my problem was the reset.

rasmus westlin

Reaction score
Angle of master cylinder. a light come on? I forced bleed lines and master cylinder and still had the problem. Had long pedal travel and some brakes. my problem was the reset.
But i dosnt have a reset button on my proportingvalve

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Jack you car to level master cylinder. if bleeding doesn't work let sit over night. bubble will come to top. or try force bleeding.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Ok lets think like a bubble. I want to go up and find the high spots. lines master cylinder and proportioning valve. brake the line on all connection proportioning valve master cylinder. don't pump let bleed a little. see if there is air trapped.

Back