• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Ma's `cuda. A long time coming.

mmissile

Reaction score
Well, I detailed the WO car for Columbus. I don't want to take a car [the `cuda] that "works", but isn't how it'll be finished. I don't need to ruin something, after coming this far.
The WO will be for sale in Columbus.

Missile side 8-10-21.jpg
Missile rear 8-10-21  2.jpg

moparlee

Reaction score
Well, I detailed the WO car for Columbus. I don't want to take a car [the `cuda] that "works", but isn't how it'll be finished. I don't need to ruin something, after coming this far.
The WO will be for sale in Columbus.

View attachment 85137View attachment 85138
Good idea, if that Cuda were mine I would do the same thing.
Are you going to run that Coronet down the track one last time before she sells?

mmissile

Reaction score
Yes, he's 91... and very frail. He saw it at the front door, and said he doesn't remember it all that well. Sad, but that's life.

mmissile

Reaction score
Got 300 miles on it now.
Now, to start chasing bugs and re-tightening everything. Mostly love it, but have a few things that are a bit bothersome. The fly-by-wire gas pedal is too far back. Encroaches on leg room. The NAG trans behaves oddly and inconsistent, and I have a driveline vibration...under harder acceleration.

Last edited:

heminut

Reaction score
Yes, he's 91... and very frail. He saw it at the front door, and said he doesn't remember it all that well. Sad, but that's life.
Well, at least you have your dad there to see the finished product. My dad passed when I was in high school, and I would love for him to be able to see my Cuda. He was deep into Hudsons when I was little and also had an original Ford Model A!

mmissile

Reaction score
He's not really "my dad", anymore. He's a crippled old man, who kinda looks like him. I should have finished this long ago, when he would have remembered. This kinda defined where he's at, mentally.

mmissile

Reaction score
LOL. That's a tuff question. If bad luck were to strike, when would it be?

As a note from taking the WO to Columbus.....some dickhead dented one of the acid-dipped fenders, when nobody was around. I still have to get a paintless dent guy out, to see what can be done.

transam

Reaction score
Well, the front end is all there. No brake hoses at this point, but that'll be done when I get to the hydro-boost stuff. We're waiting on the custom rear rims to be made[3-6 weeks], and the rear is all done except the brake hoses. I need to find a driveshaft out of a recent Charger/300[4-bolt flange], so we can do the tone-wheel thing for the speed sensors, on the soon to be fabbed driveshaft. I'm getting my left knee replaced on 11-13, so time is starting to crunch. I wanted to have the whole underside done before hand.....but it's not looking like that'll happen.

View attachment 39969
View attachment 39970
View attachment 39971
View attachment 39972

transam

Reaction score
Hey, I am getting my right knee replaced in November as well and in your same boat. my 66 charger is all apart and I too am looking at the knee being done and downtime on the project with winter coming along as well. I did my left knee 4 years ago and while it is completely pain free, it took some time to get use to especially trying to kneel on it. Good luck my Friend.

Attachments

• B0039895.jpg
    B0039895.jpg
    1,015.6 KB · Views: 137

mmissile

Reaction score
Good luck with your 2nd knee. I've never been able to kneel on either of my replacements. Just feels too weird. It's kinda taken me outta the hobby of building cars. The ragtop, is my last build. I'm glad it's done.

mmissile

Reaction score
Well, just shy of a 1,000 miles on the car. It's a riot.....and I've run a couple of Scatpack Challengers with it. They rolled up on me at low rolls, and wanted to impress me. Let's say that they were shocked. LOL.
Sadly, my father passed in March and never got a ride.
Got invited to Carlisle for the "Family History Cars" display, and will be doing final touches and heading out in 12 days....

Funny thing is, as a couple friends have told me...."The more people who don't see and realize what you've done, means that you did what you wanted, very well." It kinda sucks, but I'm pleased with how well my "concept" materialized.

mmissile

Reaction score
Put another 100 on her, today. This thing is just great to drive. It's on a hoist for detailing the underside, tomorrow. I'll do the rest during the week. She's gotta be pretty at Carlisle.
cuda 7-3-22 BW bridge-Port Huron.jpg

Back