• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

More help needed!

moparguy

Reaction score
Well guys I thought I was done with the teardown of the 440 but realized I forgot to pull the freeze plugs. So today I started getting after it but am unable to pull the ones from the block and the ones on the gront and back of the heads. Anybody else know what to do or have pulled these plugs before?

moparleo

Reaction score
Specifically Use a large slotted screw driver or something similar and try to hit the soft plug on one edge so it rotates enough to grab with pliers or pry out with the screw driver.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Yep that is the way I do it. Knock one side in and the other rotates out so you can grap it with the pliers and work it out from there.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
If it won't rotate you can sometimes get them out with a dent puller. I have had some where you just have to take it out in pieces. The main thing to remember is to not chip or gouge the edge of the block where the freeze plug makes it's seal.

moparguy

Reaction score
yepp thats how I have been doing it. got most of em out except ofr the ones on the front and back of the heads 3/4 of those remaining.

Back