• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New FEBO member checking in!

Panhandle Slim

Reaction score
Greetings! Since I'm already on the C & B forums, and my son is on the A forum, I figured I might as well throw my hat into this group, too! I am retired and loving it! Worked in various Chrysler dealerships, then taught auto tech at a vocational school for awhile. My biggest claim to fame (?) is the fact that I once owned the LAST Hemi 'Cuda that rolled off the assembly line in the 1970 model year. It was a B5 blue beauty, auto trans with console, black int. I sold it to a guy 35 mi. away who swore he'd never sell it...but he DID! It ended up with a guy in Dallas who owned a model train/hobby store. He performed a total restoration on the car. After the resto, he sent me a poster of the finished product, which I've included with this little tale. The man died in 2012, and the family sold the car. Don't know where it ended up, but I sure would like to find out! There was a story about the car in the Apr. 1995 issue of Mopar Collectors Guide. I've included pics of that, also. So, that' my introduction! Hope I didn't bore you!

20200715_181326[1].jpg

20200715_181535[1].jpg

20200715_181552[1].jpg

budascuda

Reaction score
He went and sold the car after he promised he wouldn't , that's like getting a kick right in the panhandle :)
but your claim to fame makes you a legit celebrity here.
Hey, thanks for the story , glad you joined us.

440rush

Reaction score
Welcome & great story. I hope you can track it down someday.

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome from Arkansas! Not boring at all. Great story. Thanks for sharing that.

Back