• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New from Canada

mopar70

Reaction score
Just bought a 1970 challenger r/t 383 automatic and the car needs some finishing touches. I would like to get help working on this car as its my first e body. Mopar or no car.

1970 001.jpg

1970 008.jpg

1970 006.jpg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Welcome !!
Too bad I no longer live near you , I would be glad to help , You naywhere near Port Coquitlam ?
Are you sure it is an R/T / I see a bunch of things wrong for an R/T

mopar70

Reaction score
Yeah I'm pretty close to Port Coquitlam and yes I know I need to find a rally dash for it. I'm pretty sure it was just a base challenger.

7071 challenger

Reaction score
I want to put all the stuff the r/t had on it.
How to tell the difference from an R/T and non R/T? The second digit of the VIN will be ''H'' for non R/T and it should read ''S'' if it came with the R/T package. In 1970, the 340 wasn' t available with the R/T package. If your VIN reads JS23H)XXXXXXX, you have an original 340 car. You should also have the A66 code on your fender tag. Like you said, the R/T came standard with the rallye cluster. The grill was silver\ argent when it was a base Challenger, but it was black with the R/T package. The R/T came with the rallye hood, (not flat), and heavy duty suspention. I notice you don' t have a brake booster, so you probably have front drum brakes. That' s ok, as disc brakes were optional, even on R/Ts. You steering wheel is wrong for the year, (probably came from a newer E-body, 1972-1974) same with your rallye wheels center caps. The correct ones should be the ''mexican hat'' type. Welcome to the site!

Robert

transman

Reaction score
Welcome

Nice car. Wish I could help with the dash. Nothing over here in Langley that I know of.
Great bunch of guys here. Helped me with carb issue.

transman

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
what is the fist 4 digits of the serial # ?
I will be in PC in Sept , I should have a day or so if you want to get together maybe help with the car .

Back