• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New member: 70 Challenger conv

domeboys

Reaction score
New/old 70 Challenger owner from CT here. In the mid-late 70s, I had a burnt orange SE with white vinyl top which we drove away from our wedding. Made the mistake of selling it many years ago and have since dabbled with other muscle cars of the era.

In an amazing set of circumstances driven by our old wedding photos and a discussion over dinner on our anniversary this year, I found a replacement when I didn’t even know I was looking to buy.

I now own a 70 Challenger L code convertible survivor with 64,000 actual miles that had been in storage for most of the last two decades – in original burnt orange/burnt orange. Car is heavily optioned and intact. Fully numbers matching with fender tag and build sheet still in place. Some rust but structurally sound.

Wife is delighted as she has never forgiven me for selling the SE. Having a spouse bought into a car project is going to be a huge benefit, as you might imagine.

Very much looking forward to getting it cleaned up and will be scrounging around for miscellaneous parts in the process. Have enjoyed reading the archives here and learning/relearning.
Chall-off-carrier_4722-90-p.jpg

Chall-off-carrier_4722-90-p.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Nice car, love the color combo. Let's see some more pics.

domeboys

Reaction score
Thanks again for all the welcomes. Yes, the dash pad is uncracked. The interior is identical to my original SE, with the exception of the front seats, which were leather. These buckets need recovering and the wife is lobbying for leather.

Back