• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New member in Reno Nv 1970 440 cuda

NevadaCuda

Reaction score
Hi, my name is John and I finally got my cuda last year! It’s a numbers matching 1970 440/727. Sadly no fender tag or build sheet :( - not a huge issue because I’m not going to get rid of it.

The person I bought it from parked it in his garage 14 years ago and let it set there until I was able to convince him to let me take it off his hands. (Fortunately, because I wouldn’t have been able to afford it had he not neglected it).

The car was complete and only missing the rear window defogger motor. He knew it had been rear ended back in the 90s with the deck lid, trunk floor pan being replaced. When I got it there was a rusted hole in the trunk floor. I dropped the gas tank and cleaned the carb to get it running for a couple days before tearing the whole car apart. (Totally thought I’d be able to restore the car in a couple months despite having zero experience, haha)

Waiting for warm weather to start back up on the body work!

Reading the forums I’ve seen so many helpful posts and supportive people. I’m looking forward to bothering you with questions as I don’t know a lot about restoration.
C545B99A-87BF-4870-9D0F-1E0635C1C0F6.jpeg

3558B3CB-8BB1-4BF8-9A1A-C79AF12417D9.jpeg

694E436A-BDC2-45BD-80F5-72BC48792529.jpeg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! You don’t want to store your hood like that, it’ll roll those 2 corners quickly.

340challconvert

Reaction score
John
Welcome to FEBO from New Jersey.
Looks like a great project.
Good part is; you can work your way through things and learn as you go. (Kind of what I am doing now w my body repairs)
A lot of good people here who are always willing to help.
Dino2.gif

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to this great site from mid Michigan. Looks like you have a good start on your Cuda. Rather than think done in 2 months, take your time and don't rush anything. Do it right the first time.

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Welcome from NW CT. Nice looking start. Questions are never a bother - we are here to help. Keep us posted on your progress...

moparleo

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard. I hope that you took lots of pictures before the teardown and used a Lot of baggies to put the tagged parts in. If you haven't already done iot ,get a few books like a factory shop manual, a service manual, and any other books on you car you can find for reference. They are invaluable. Good luck.

Back