• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New member, perspective Mopar buyer

socalef9

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'd like to introduce myself

Im from Los Angeles and currently do not own a mopar. My current project is a 1968 Mercury Cougar 4 speed. I have gotten to the point in the project where everything is done, minus the paint, and i cant see myself dumping the money into a paint job that will put the amount i have into the car way over the current market price for it. Since i can no longer do anything else to the car, i'm moving on.

Ive always loved the look of 70's mopars, but ive never had one.

Im currently on the market for a 70-71 Challenger, or early Barracuda project to start on. I would ideally like to start with a car where i could dump some money into it, and have the value of the car be at least close to what i have in it. I'm in the research phase, but i've seen a few cars that im thinking about pulling the trigger on. I'll be searching the forum and asking questions in the coming days/weeks/months.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Welcome Aboard :welcome:, good luck in your search. It’s very easy to get upside down in Mopars too

moparlee

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard from mid Michigan. Are you looking for a project or one that's more complete and needs some maintenance to put it back on the road? Good luck on your search.

Show us some pics of your Cougar. You don't see those everyday.

340challconvert

Reaction score
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
Members post a number of cars on this site for sale
Good people here who are always willing to help.
Good luck with your search!
Dino2 (1).gif

socalef9

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard from mid Michigan. Are you looking for a project or one that's more complete and needs some maintenance to put it back on the road? Good luck on your search.

Show us some pics of your Cougar. You don't see those everyday.

Here are a few pics of the Cougar as it sits

20180825_152058.jpg

20180825_152214(0).jpg

20180825_152019.jpg

20180825_151824.jpg

moparleo

Reaction score
:welcome: ABOARD. Just fwiw, if you are hoping to buy and restore an E-body and come out on top money wise. You will have to literally steal one in very good condition that is of limited production. These like most hobby's are more of a labor of love than an investment unless you hold on to it waiting for one of the cycles to happen when the next generation are again interested I these cars. They go up and down in value with demand like everything else. Get what you really want to get and enjoy it. Someday it will eventually increase in value to get your money back if that is what you are really looking for.

socalef9

Reaction score
:welcome: ABOARD. Just fwiw, if you are hoping to buy and restore an E-body and come out on top money wise. You will have to literally steal one in very good condition that is of limited production. These like most hobby's are more of a labor of love than an investment unless you hold on to it waiting for one of the cycles to happen when the next generation are again interested I these cars. They go up and down in value with demand like everything else. Get what you really want to get and enjoy it. Someday it will eventually increase in value to get your money back if that is what you are really looking for.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to fix a car and sell it to turn a profit, but I enjoy building cars and working on them .and I know at some point I'll have to sell this to start a new project. I don't want to be so deep underwater that the true cost of the next project is way too much .

SFEbody

Reaction score
Cougar looks like it is near there!!! Welcome and let me know If I can assist, I am in the LA area also.

Back