• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New to the site...

Oystercopy

Reaction score
Hey people... I have a 70 Challenger Convertible, Plum Crazy with White Top and Interior.. I just bought it - already restored - about 6 months ago, and have been doing a LOT of work ever since! Glad to belong to this group, sounds like good people so far! See ya around!

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome from Little Rock! Glad you’re on the site. Let’s see some pics of the vert!

Oystercopy

Reaction score
I'm in the Austin TX area... I don't have many pics of the car, but here's a few, right before I bought it...

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_4190.jpeg

IMG_4192.jpeg

IMG_4196.jpeg

IMG_6079.jpeg

Oystercopy

Reaction score
Thanks guys.. I've done SO much work to it since I bought it in October of 2019. Currently waiting on some new Goodrich TAs since my tires are from 2006. And fighting this awful engine imbalance/vibration as well. Suspect flywheel needs to be weighted due to (possibly) the original flywheel from the original 318 that the car came with stayed with the build when the new 440 was put in. Nailed down every other loose bolt and possible culprit, so this is all that's left. But what a pain in the ARSE getting it nailed down!

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
at least you finally got it nailed down. That's a stunner or a car! Great looking!
Are you getting it taken care of just before the real driving season?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I would use Cooper Cobras over BFG junk personally
If the 318 flywheel was used & the 440 has a steel crank they would both use the same flywheel

Oystercopy

Reaction score
Found one more pic. Will add more as I have time to go out and take them!

20191104_165105_resized_1.jpg

Oystercopy

Reaction score
Follow up on the engine vibration... FINALLY got it fixed by installing a new flywheel from 440 Source, coupled with a new, bolt-on weight from Brewers Performance... can't be happier, main vibration GONE! Now, all I've got to contend with is the normal vibrations/rattles that a 50-year old car is gonna have... Looking into a new tranny from Passon with overdrive.

Back