• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New young kid wanting to learn

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm really excited to be able to join this community as I have recently acquired a1973 Dodge Challenger with a 440 engine and 4 - speed transmission out of a 1970 roadrunner. I am still new to cars and would like to learn more from you all. I would like to maybe eventually take a picture of my engine and ask you guys what each of the parts are actually called, some which I don't know the name of.....thank you guys !

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Johny go long see if you can catch this.First things first get a service manual. Go here down load what you need. e-bodies.org/resources/

Last edited:

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan!
Post up some pics of your ride. It's great to see some young blood in the hobby.
The knowledgeable gurus here are more than willing to help out.

70chall440

Reaction score
Welcome from WA state.

Challengers were my first Mopar love and still are (I have a 70 RT and a 10 RT). Post some pictures, we would love to see whatcha got.

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas Johnny!
You’re in good hands here, these guys have a lot knowledge about your car. Look forward to seeing it. Glad you joined up!

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Howdy from Colorado!

One of the first things your going to learn about mopars is about the fender tags.
Post up the fender tag readout when you get a minute and perhaps someone can decode your car and tell you what it came with originally. Build sheets are a very important part of the past life of a mopar also.

Let's see some pics!!

Reaction score
You guys are the best, such sincere responses thank you all... I am going to take the advice and search up the service manual & will also post up fender tag pics ASAP.... I live in Southern Ontario Canada & the weather has gotten pretty terrible. I'll post what I can while she's in the garage & I'll get better pics in the spring... just a few months away. just got this pic when we put it on the trailer.
P.S. does this website allow people to upload videos ?

Attachments

• IMG_2739.jpg
    IMG_2739.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 90

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Now For number 2. pics in the spring !? no no no now. your young and limber.Get in there. Take pictures of gaps trunk,back and front and bottom door gaps.Hood fender gaps.grill bumper fit and front valance fitment. pop hood pictures from all angles. Tail light and rear valance fitting.same for interior. Back up your pictures! Also take pictures as you disassemble. You won't regret it. TRUST ME. This way when you put it back together,you know.Do you have a twisted sister or is she straight as a nun?

moparroy

Reaction score
+1 on the take pics as you disassemble - I did not and it was some time ago - spend more time looking, thinking, researching than doing. Also label all fasteners - in detail. I at least did that but not in enough detail and some labels faded.

Reaction score
Now For number 2. pics in the spring !? no no no now. your young and limber.Get in there. Take pictures of gaps trunk,back and front and bottom door gaps.Hood fender gaps.grill bumper fit and front valance fitment. pop hood pictures from all angles. Tail light and rear valance fitting.same for interior. Back up your pictures! Also take pictures as you disassemble. You won't regret it. TRUST ME. This way when you put it back together,you know.Do you have a twisted sister or is she straight as a nun?
Haha yeah I meant picture from the outside from a distance, but yes I can post the engine Bay Area, interior & such no problem. I'll post them soon.

Back