• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Newb from S. Oregon

GDL

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Mike. The wife and I are picking up a 72 barracuda tommorow. It's far from perfect but the interior is in pretty decent shape and the body isn't bad either.

Not a lot is really known about the car other than being the test fit E body for Accurate Exhaust Limited for the past 6 years..... Prior to that it was a go fast car since it was rumored to have a Petty motor between the wheels prior to having the current 2 bbl 383.

The front half from the doors forward is heavier gauge fiberglass. (in net fenders are still steel) The interior has a ralleye dash. It also has a set of ralleye wheels as well.

I'll snap a few pictures when we pick it up tomorrow.

GDL

Reaction score
IMG_7292.jpg

GDL

Reaction score
My best car buddy and I.

After we really started looking at it my wife's said to shoot her for letting me buy it.

It needs a lot. Anyone have a donor front clip? At least doors?

ramenth

Reaction score
Uh-oh. Trouble in paradise! Did the wife want to be shot or did she want to shoot you? :toothy2:

Welcome aboard, by the way. Hang in there. We've got a lot of cars in much worse shape coming back to life on here. Keep your eye on the classifieds and she'll be cruisin' in a sweet E-body in no time.

GDL

Reaction score
Currently on the hunt for both doors, and lord knows what else.

Thanks for the helpful words. It'll be tough cus the prior owner converted or ripped stuff apart for drag racing.

My HVAC is nonexistent.

moparleo

Reaction score
You are going to need a place to store parts and give your car some shelter during this reconstruction. You are probably going to be better off getting a parts car because of all the different nuts, bolts, brackets etc.. as well as seeing how everything goes together. You won't really know what you need until you start taking it apart. ( your wife will love this ) Just shipping on doors and fenders will eat up a lot of $$ Time to start hitting the swap meets and shopping in the usual car parts sources ( Craigs List, Auto Trader, Hemmings...) Good luck I'll try to find an exploded diagram of the front sheetmetal for you.

GDL

Reaction score
Thank you much.

And there are a few e body guys in my area so I mIght luck out. And yea parts car that's funny........

Seriously though I've torn Pontiac f bodies apart. The wife is well aware our 1.5 car garage is dedicated to this car.

Back