• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Recomendations on which 4 link

Flchallenger

Reaction score
Thinking of going to a 4 link. Running caltracs with leaf springs now. Rattles alot rides rough. Have a 512 stoker mild build. Has anyone have any experience with them and what brands. Where they easy to setup.

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
RMS

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
None , if they are adjustable they are difficult to zero in o the right set up , if they are not adjustable what is the point .

Last edited:

ScottG

Reaction score
I agree with Mopar Nut on the Reilly setups. I have installed them on a few cars now. All ride great, and the installation/setup of them were not too difficult.

One of few

Reaction score
I’ve got an AlterKtion under my car, big blocks are a snug fit with this set up. You will run into interference issues with the steering shaft, if you run aftermarket headers.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I’ve got an AlterKtion under my car, big blocks are a snug fit with this set up. You will run into interference issues with the steering shaft, if you run aftermarket headers.
I also run an AlterKation front suspension on my Challenger and I did have to modify the #1 header tube to work around the rack steering shaft as you mentioned. I still run Caltracs and split mono leafs. No 4 links are needed these days with today's shock and tire technology. There are 6 seconds 200+ MPH 10-1/2" tire cars on leafs.

20221001_151456.jpg

20150920_190437.jpg

heminut

Reaction score
I also run an AlterKation front suspension on my Challenger and I did have to modify the #1 header tube to work around the rack steering shaft as you mentioned. I still run Caltracs and split mono leafs. No 4 links are needed these days with today's shock and tire technology. There are 6 seconds 200+ MPH 10-1/2" tire cars on leafs.
He's asking about a 4 link rear suspension, nothing to do with the front end!

rikkitik

Reaction score
To the OP (FIchallenger), I'm currently running the same suspension as you, and considering a 4 link for the same reasons.
For me, QA-1 will be the choice. RMS Street Lynx doesn't allow tailpipes with a Dana 60. QA-1 does have room (barely) for up to 3".

Back