• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

The new guy from East York

Eastyorker

Reaction score
Found this site while looking for info on identifying a Challenger. So far so good!

Besides the VIN on the dash board where else can I find a serial number? Found a '71 R/t with a 383 but it has a plain dash. I thought all R/T's came with the upgraded 4 hole dash? How do I determine if I am getting a correct R/T and not a plain jane?

Thanks
D in East York

ramenth

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Not sure about the dash, someone with a lot more knowledge than I will chime in.

Eastyorker

Reaction score
Thanks! I looked for a fender tag but there was none. Nothing on the doors. Would there be a number on the rad support or firewall, frame rail?

Moparparts

Reaction score
Welcome Vin sequence number should be stamped on the top or the backside of the radiator core support sometimes under the original coolant decal and on the drivers side of the top of the cowl panel alongside the screen

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Here a guide to look for the cars' numbers.

Number location.jpg

challenger6pak

Reaction score
A 71 R/T should have a rallye instrument cluster. If it has the standard cluster, the cluster may have been changed. The VIN should start out as JS23 for a R/T. Post pics of the car. We will be glad to let you know what the car is. Get a pic of the fender tag. That will be helpful even if the car is a R/T. We'll work with you to help you to not make a mistake.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! I'd give my two cents but I think I'd be waisting my time as it seems these guys have it covered. You have definitely come to the right place.

Back