• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

74 cuda shell value

jdakrt

Reaction score
Been on "For" b and a bodies boards for awhile, just got back into the e's when we picked up a couple 'cudas this past weekend. Looking for some "current" market value on an empty, rusted out shell. real BS 318 car. It has fender tag, clear title in my name and dash plate. Everything is rusted out. Entertaining bringing it up to carlisle this year if we can get it loaded without it falling apart...any help is appreciated.

Cuda416

Reaction score
If he can be taken for his word and everything is truly rusted out then it has little more then scrap value imo..

That's why pictures are important. One mans junk is another mans treasure.

Rich G.

Reaction score
I was at the spring Carlisle so I guess you didn’t make it there. A rotted out 74 shell with absolutely nothing inside is probably worth nothing. I guess if someone had a 72-74 Cuda with no title or tags it could be worth something to them.

Knock Out

Reaction score
Did anyone see the rusted out TA shell with some half assed repairs that the seller had for sale at the spring fling- big price tag - I didn’t see the value - if I remember correctly asking like 20 k plus-didn’t want to insult anyone but I thought it was a joke?

340challconvert

Reaction score
If the car is that rusted out, it would have very little value IMO. Someone might want the tags and title; generally it is against the law to transfer tags to another car, but people buy them (always a topic for discussion)

Pictures would make a difference in determining a possible value.
Is there anything chassis-wise that could be useful to someone (frame rails, roof skin)? Sounds marginal.

Here is a 73 BH Barracuda Shell with title and tags for sale on flea bay. The seller is asking $5K. Don't see it happening!
Looks to have "some usable parts"
1973 BARRACUDA WITH TITLE WITH TITLE | eBay

Dino2 (1).gif

Cuda shell on ebay.jpg

Rich G.

Reaction score
I guess you can ask whatever you want but I just don’t get it. Repo body parts are available so you’re not buying this for body parts. If you really think about all the missing parts to put these together you would be way past what you’d pay for a done car. If these were rare hi dollar cars that might be a different story. Swap meets aren’t like they use to be. There is so little parts around anymore.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Those two cars have been for sale for well over a year at those prices. Wont' sell at those prices for some more years in my opinion.

Let's see the car! I buy beat up junk all the time.

ThisThreadIsWorthless.jpg

budascuda

Reaction score
I guess you can ask whatever you want but I just don’t get it. Repo body parts are available so you’re not buying this for body parts. If you really think about all the missing parts to put these together you would be way past what you’d pay for a done car. If these were rare hi dollar cars that might be a different story. Swap meets aren’t like they use to be. There is so little parts around anymore.

True that, all parts are now their own cars!

quapman

Reaction score
You can't compare cudas to Challengers when pricing, especially rusted out shells. Cudas consistently bring 20-50% more than Challengers. Rust is a funny term, too. Arizona rust is a lot different from upstate NY rust. This is the OP's 1st post on the forum. What are the odds we'll never hear from him again?

Joemoy29

Reaction score
I am sure its not the answer he wanted, I guess he was expecting that it is the "Unicorn" 74 318 car and we all would fight him to accept our high dollar offer

budascuda

Reaction score
I am sure its not the answer he wanted, I guess he was expecting that it is the "Unicorn" 74 318 car and we all would fight him to accept our high dollar offer

We don't KNOW that!
A bit of leeway is good sometimes.

jdakrt

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys gents. Was away on business since I posted this. I'll try and get some pics up in the coming days. Not looking to get rich. As stated in the first post I am ooking for help on value(if any) as it was the mid 90's since we've had an ebody in house. From the posts above, looks like it can finish rotting to the ground on my property.

budascuda

Reaction score
"looks like it can finish rotting to the ground on my property"
And that would be a sad thing.
Nothing is ever a TOTAL loss tho, even if the shell has to get cut up for some of it's parts, but let's see pics first...

budascuda

Reaction score
Somebody will take her home...
Whether or not it gets built or destroyed is another story.
Now! How much is the question. I would say the price can't be any more than what that particular somebody can afford.
Let's cause a scene and start a debate by saying 500 to 1500 +/- depending on the day. Imo
Having said that, there are some parts that are not reproduced, like the roof's inner structure pcs. and IF those can be salvaged, then there could be value there too?.....

Last edited:
Back