• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Challenger RT/SE restoration started

tomps

Reaction score
WOW! I'd ruin my shorts, jeans, seat and all if that happened to me!

That right there has me SERIOUSLY re-thinking again. Time to do some more research.

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
I could run with the "it was all skill" story, but in reality the the brakes locked up and the car luckily kicked sideways pointing the right direction on it's own. I let off the pedal and rode it out.
Would be a shame to say I should have after all you are putting into it. Build it to show or resale is one thing. Build to drive it is entirely different.

tomps

Reaction score
WOW....it pays to shop around :icon_thumleft:

Just ordered a kit direct from Pep Boys for hundreds lees then direct from SSBC....plus they had a 15% coupon good towards brake purchase so the decision just got a little easier. No shipping either because it is in their warehouse so we're in it a little more affordable.

Man I feel better now........worth the $$

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
WOW....it pays to shop around :icon_thumleft:

Just ordered a kit direct from Pep Boys for hundreds lees then direct from SSBC....plus they had a 15% coupon good towards brake purchase so the decision just got a little easier. No shipping either because it is in their warehouse so we're in it a little more affordable.

Man I feel better now........worth the $$

Awsome,
I have heard of them and also have seen them via some of our larger car related local swapmeets.
I did some research on their suppliers and also came up with Pep Boys.

Please be sure to post up the good/bad on on quality and ease with your your installation.

Thank you.

tomps

Reaction score
Finally after a year we gotz some paint.........

photocopy92_zpsc8ae74bd.jpg

photo5copy7_zps31456d89.jpg

photo4copy12_zps81a9e436.jpg

photo3copy13_zps50dee932.jpg

photo3copy12_zps6aa6b40f.jpg

photo2copy14_zps499b4d12.jpg

Body heading for the booth this weekend :toothy12:

tomps

Reaction score
Thanks folks!

Just checked in on it today. Car is out of the body shop and into the techs hands. They are installing the disc brake conversion kit I purchased :toothy12:

Next week.....motor and tranny are being dropped into place

On the 25th we have an appointment with the upholstery shop for the new vinyl top to be installled......so hopefully by December it'll be back in my garage for final winter assembly/interior etc..

Decided to go with Paul's Chrome after making contact with them. Spoke with a super nice lady that was very helpful and quoted me a fair price. A few bucks more then repro.....my biggest fear were that the repros are made in China and quality concerned me. Probably fine....just decided to re-chrome the originals.

Now to find a wiper motor or rebuild the one I have.....more decisions.

I tell you one thing......and I should have known this.......I'm over budget lol!!!!!!!!

tomps

Reaction score
Easy formula to budget a restoration. Make a list of everything that you can possibly think of. Now double that. Oh, and then double it again.

Dang it....I doubled it...just forgot to double it twice :eusa_wall:

I'd say next time I'll remember that...oh wait.......think I'll buy one all done the next time :icon_super:

tomps

Reaction score
Restored/freshened up the grille assembly myself. Needed a ton of cleaning. I know the egg crate is suppose to be left it's natural annodized aluminum...but I like the blacked out look personally and this is a driver so I opted to paint it a matte finish.

BEFORE:

photo5copy14_zpsa69119fb.jpg

photo3copy21_zps36a608a5.jpg

photo3copy20_zps4baf3355.jpg

photo2copy21_zpsa8dd23d5.jpg

AFTER

photo3copy19_zps98d461c1.jpg

photo2copy20_zps077236d0.jpg

photo1copy22_zpsae3c945f.jpg

photo5copy12_zps14f5da44.jpg

tomps

Reaction score