• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 cuda color

danbrooks

Reaction score
I just bought a 70 cuda, the color is burnt orange. I was looking around and one web site said there was 618 440 automatic cudas built in 1970, is there a website that would be able to tell me exactly how many of the 618 were painted this color??? and, of the 618 build does anyone know approximately how many are still remaining? I'm thinking there has to be a website where they register the vins left. Thanks, Dan.

moparleo

Reaction score
There is no possible way to tell how many cars were left that were not Hemi Cuda's or Hemi Challengers. The only reason those are known is because of their extreme value and rarity. And even those pop up from time to time. Otherwise there is no registry for every model , or color combination of any cars back then that were not very limited in number, that were popular. There is a registry for AAR Cuda's, Challenger T/A's, Dodge Daytona's, Plymouth Super Bird's, And Hemi cars. The record keeping for those things were not important at the time and they didn't have computers to track them either.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
There's also a pretty thorough registry for E body convertibles and at least one guy that will register anything you send him for a fee. I saw somewhere in the last couple of years a breakdown of how many of each color were made but it was based on estimated percentages. How many are left of any given model is also impossible to know but a good guess would be 20% give or take 10%.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
You're kidding, right? Maybe I should have said anything Mopar from the era that we would discuss on this site, does that help?

Back