• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Door Moisture barrier

70cuda50

Reaction score
how important are the plastic film moisture barriers inside Cuda door panels? Since panels are plastic do they really need protection like styles that have cloth or cardboard backings? I saw a thread somewhere how to make them and found a kit on web, just wanted opinions. Not concourse resto but don’t want to skip something functionally important.

70chall440

Reaction score
Those barriers perform a couple of functions, first is that they keep water from coming inside the vehicle behind the door panel due to rain/water getting behind the felts, secondly they do help reduce some of the road noise. I always make replacement out of sheet plastic you get from home depot/Lowes, etc. Might think about putting some sound deadener in there as well.

Redo1973

Reaction score
The same plastic is in the quarter panels. I was told it helps with sound as well as vapor. I can't see how much it helps with sound but I put it in as well as the rattle trap sound deadening.

Back