• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from Colorado

73 Co challenger

Reaction score
Hello everyone i just joined yesterday. i am pretty new to mopars (im only 21), i grew up on a farm mainly only working on tractors in Elbert Colorado. After highschool i went to the Navy and upon returning from my first deployment i had enough money to purchase my first car a 1973 Challenger 340 auto. I am now currently working on rotisorrie restoring the car by myself. hoping to go to a automotive college so i can further my knowledge and hopefully seek a profession related to automobiles and or restorations.

photo.jpg

js29

Reaction score
welcome to the forum, it is good to see new people getting in to the auto industry and you picked mopars at that for your starting point

moparleo

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Thank you for your service to our country. Used to live in Fruita just outside of Grand Junction. That was back before they made E-bodies. Got family in Colorado Springs.

73 Co challenger

Reaction score
To Cuda Hunter, i do have a ton of photos but im currently on a aircraft carrier on deployment so i dont have a easy way to post them. The next port visit we make i will try and get some more up. i can tell you that my challenger isnt anything pretty it needs new qtrs, driver and passenger floor pans and new trunk drop offs. The main part of the trunk pan is ok though for the most part, minus two small areas right next to the drop offs. but i have photos of it before i started taking her apart she ran and drove nice. ive been taking hundreds of photos as i go because im sure i will need them more than a few times to look back at.

Moparleo, thank you for the appreciation.

moparleo

Reaction score
Lots of pictures is definitely the smart way to go. Also tagging and bagging of all parts even if you are not going to use them later. Also do not through anything away before your project is done. Slow and steady as she goes is the key to a good resto.

73 Co challenger

Reaction score
yea i can only go slowely on the car since i can only work on her when i take leave to go home. Im stationed in san diego california and will probably be out there for another year after im out in july before i proceed to go to an automotive school and or return to colorado. i have been bagging and tagging "almost" all parts together when i took them off and labeling them, some i did miss which wont be too big of problem as i have some plans to change a few things about the car. i havent thrown anything away either i figure i can sell or somebody might use what i dont need anymore at some point as i plan on going to swap meets, car shows and i love going to bandimere speedway to watch the races. hopefully i can be the one racing at some point when my car is done

Back