• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

I'm stumped on dash indicators!!!! Help please!

djlackore

Reaction score
Okay guys,

So I have a 73 with a 440 at trans. Things I have replaced:

Coil
Starter relay
Ignition box
Ballad resistor
Voltage regulator
All new dash harness
Dimmer switch
Hi beam switch
Ignition switch
Turn signal switch

So mostly everything works on the car but these:

Turn signal indicators
Brake indicator
Hi beam indicator
Tach- probably burned out

So with all new dash wiring from year one how could the indicators not be working??? There is a ground wire connected to the cluster. Cluster is a rallye cluster. All the signals work on the outside of the car.

Thanks for the help in advance!!

aussiemark

Reaction score
All you can do is get a test light and the factory wiring diagram and go through each circuit following the power until you find where it stops. Check all the earth connections are good and look for any corrosion in the plugs, sockets and fuse holders. Simplify it by following one wire at a time from start to finish and you will find the problem/s.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Okay guys,

Coil
Starter relay
Ignition box
Ballad resistor
Voltage regulator
All new dash harness
Dimmer switch
Hi beam switch
Ignition switch
Turn signal switch

Turn signal indicators
Brake indicator
Hi beam indicator

So with all new dash wiring from year one how could the indicators not be working??? There is a ground wire connected to the cluster. Cluster is a rallye cluster. All the signals work on the outside of the car.

Looking at the 73 rallye wiring it looks like the tan & green wires on the 2 indicator globes are connected in parrallel with the indicator wires going to the rear indicators it looks like the plug in the drivers side kick panel.
So if the rear indicators work then either the dash indicator globes are blown,not grounded or have rusty springs not allowing the globe base to touch the contact.
The brake light comes on when you have an irregular braking circuit pressure or when the park brake is pressed shorting the switch to earth this switch may have a bad contact.
Okay guys,

Coil
Starter relay
Ignition box
Ballad resistor
Voltage regulator
All new dash harness
Dimmer switch
Hi beam switch
Ignition switch
Turn signal switch

Turn signal indicators
Brake indicator
Hi beam indicator

underdash_rallye73b.gif

Back