• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

is magnum force suspension good

raccinjason

Reaction score
hello this is raccinjason, recently I posted my 71 fish for sale but decided to keep. not smart enough to figure out how to delete post. anyways, I just ordered pro link rear suspension from magnum force and planning to go coil over in front also w/rack and pinion. who is the best and why

ramenth

Reaction score
RMS or XVmotorsports.

Check out this thread.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=127861

I would not use the Magnum Force one my self. They run the coil overs in the shock towers. They were never made to support the weight of the car there.

I agree with this. RMS or XV seem to be the best engineered out there for street driven.

As far as deleting the post, just put "decided to keep" or something to that affect on it.

burntorange70

Reaction score
You cant delete posts. PM a mod. They can help you out. Or I would just edit it or put a post up saying it is no longer for sale.

johnscudashop

Reaction score
Magnum force racing front coilover suspension uses the upper shock towers to mount the coilover shocks which is bad. The shock towers weren't designed to hold the load of the wieght of the car.Reilly motor sports Suspension For me. Its been out there for over 10 years,with no failures. Fits great (no drama with the installation) and there customer service is awesome. Bill is also a true Mopar Guy i don't no much about the other guys

100_2025.jpg

100_2026.jpg

100_2005.jpg

100_2006.jpg

Last edited:

a68postcar

Reaction score
i'm digging the idea of something like this for my dart. VIR is an hour from me, and that would make for a well handling ride on the track!!! the reilly stuff looks pretty good to me!

wingcarenvy

Reaction score
This is just my opinion. Chrysler spent millions engineering the front suspension and it works very well. It is heavy, so I see the want to eliminate the weight. Putting a coil over in the front of the car loads the frame rail in a way that Chrysler never meant it to be. Regardless of a built in coil over mount or not your putting the weight carrying in the very front of the frame rail versus back at the torsion bar mount. I have a friend that has an 8 second Hemi Road Runner and it has a Magnumforce front end. It is a nice piece but it has horrible geometry, lots of bumpsteer, this makes it scary on the top end. I myself would like someone to capitalize on the original design with modern materials and a rack and pinion steering. I should start a non-profit savethetorsionbar dot org :poke:

Last edited by a moderator:

ramenth

Reaction score
This is just my opinion. Chrysler spent millions engineering the front suspension and it works very well. It is heavy, so I see the want to eliminate the weight. Putting a coil over in the front of the car loads the frame rail in a way that Chrysler never meant it to be. Regardless of a built in coil over mount or not your putting the weight carrying in the very front of the frame rail versus back at the torsion bar mount. I have a friend that has an 8 second Hemi Road Runner and it has a Magnumforce front end. It is a nice piece but it has horrible geometry, lots of bumpsteer, this makes it scary on the top end. I myself would like someone to capitalize on the original design with modern materials and a rack and pinion steering. I should start a non-profit savethetorsionbar dot org :poke:

Had to clean up your post a bit, envy. The dot org thing came up as an actual URL, which, of course, leads to no where. So a little judicious mod editing and we're good to go.

I can see what you're saying, to a certain extent, but remember some of the later platforms: the F/M/J's have essentially the same unibody design. The mechanics and dynamics of the bodies really aren't that different between those and the E's, A's, B's. But the entire suspension is contained on the K-frame. The lateral t-bars have no contact with the body whatsoever. So the entire suspension is on the frame rails. Chrysler could have kept going with the tried and true horizontal bars, but they didn't, while keeping the same unibody dynamics.

The idea is to build the entire set up as a package. The suspension is just a part of that package.

Last edited:

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Yeah i agree , there is no good solution yet fro a lightweight rack front end
at least the CAP retains the T bars which I like

Ray

Reaction score
Altrkation. Why, because it works. Pricey sure but what isn't.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Alter-K-Tion is a decent product & the best retro fit K frame btu I am not convinced the coil over is better than the T bar with the weight closer to the ground & center of the car

Ray

Reaction score
I helped a friend of mine convert his 73 challenger about five years ago. Convinced me. Handled better, more room, and he still has it no problems.

wingcarenvy

Reaction score
Had to clean up your post a bit, envy. The dot org thing came up as an actual URL, which, of course, leads to no where. So a little judicious mod editing and we're good to go.

I can see what you're saying, to a certain extent, but remember some of the later platforms: the F/M/J's have essentially the same unibody design. The mechanics and dynamics of the bodies really aren't that different between those and the E's, A's, B's. But the entire suspension is contained on the K-frame. The lateral t-bars have no contact with the body whatsoever. So the entire suspension is on the frame rails. Chrysler could have kept going with the tried and true horizontal bars, but they didn't, while keeping the same unibody dynamics.

The idea is to build the entire set up as a package. The suspension is just a part of that package.

Haha. Sorry about that. :oops:

Back