• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New member from San Diego, CA

Chally1971

Reaction score
Hi all, thanks for allowing to be part on E bodies only. I have a project 1971 Challenger that my son and I will be restoring. It will have a 440 and 4 speed as a power plant. The car was in pieces when I bought it, so I will most likely be posting questions when I get stuck with what goes where.

We started with stripping it to inspect the sheet metal. Pretty solid so far. Needs trunk pan and possibly the quarters.

Thank you again!

CC.jpg

CC1.jpg

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
:welcome::usflag:Congratulations! Pictures Would be nice when you get a change. Share your dilemma. Some members are still there and other have been there.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
That looks like a good solid start. Just want to say and you probably already know check front and back windshield area for rust. use a pick best to find it now. Back of Rocker panel and front of 1/4 panel.Lead in the seam. I would leave it. Roof seam remove body filler. sometimes rust under there. Thanks!

Pepe70

Reaction score
Welcome.
I am in San ysidro ca, close to you.
Last mount I bought in classic industries a floor pan for my 70 challenger just in case that you need it and you can save the shipping or drive all the way to classic.
Still in box

SFEbody

Reaction score
Welcome from Los Angeles neighbor! Start a blog on the restoration forum here. It is helpful for advice that our peers will gladly support with amazing knowledge.

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas! Looks like a good project. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan!
Can't wait to follow along. Should be a fun Dad and Son project.

Back