• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Pet Peeves - Lets get complaining!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
If completely car hobby related one of my biggest pet peeves is leaving your hood up all day at car shows. These cars were designed to be seen with all access points closed And that’s how I like to look at them. I’ve never been to an engine show…

heminut

Reaction score
If completely car hobby related one of my biggest pet peeves is leaving your hood up all day at car shows. These cars were designed to be seen with all access points closed And that’s how I like to look at them. I’ve never been to an engine show.
I'm just the opposite! I spent a lot of time, energy and money on my engine compartment making my Gen III swap look good. I have found that with a lot of high school aged kids it IS an engine show! They love the older cars but the engine compartments really get their attention.

pschlosser

Reaction score
I'm just the opposite! I spent a lot of time, energy and money on my engine compartment making my Gen III swap look good. I have found that with a lot of high school aged kids it IS an engine show! They love the older cars but the engine compartments really get their attention.
Me too. I know what these cars look like with the hoods down. And I'm often curious to see how others have detailed their engine bays hoping to learn something new.

In most cases, the hoods are up so a judge or other fool does not marr and bungle something opening or closing the hood to view and judge.

A great deal of muscle cars are about the muscle under the hood. Why keep it hidden?

But it IS harder to appreciate the lines and good looks of the car with the hood and deck lids up. I'm starting to feel shaker cars are common, and the twin bulge rally hood looks prettier and prettier. I enjoy how the light reflects off those bulges (presuming shiny paint) driving on a hot summer day.

Another poster shared how he hates those sitting in front of their cars with lawn chairs. I'm not sure I understand that one, either.

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another poster shared how he hates those sitting in front of their cars with lawn chairs. I'm not sure I understand that one, either.
I've got junk in my trunk. I hang out back there. :rofl::rofl:

NoCar340

Reaction score
The roads here in southwest lower Michigan are battle fields. Our elected officials have patched, over patched, over chip - n- seal, and patched some more in an effort to balance our overtaxed townships budgets. You can’t drive a new vehicle a year without the doors and windows rattling themselves into oblivion. If you ride a motorcycle 20 miles, you feel like you’ve been in a fist fight.
It's the same all over MI. How many decades have we had new fees, taxes, etc. that were "to fix the roads" but the money goes elsewhere? What's even worse is that Lansing forgets the UP even exists. Were it not for the much-lower traffic content, our long-neglected roads would definitely be worse. 82-ton log trucks not using all 11 axles as required by law ain't helping things either.

440WB

Reaction score
Staples. I don’t want my receipts stapled together nor do I want them stapled to the bag. I’ve been a carpenter/fabricator for over 35 years and some of my most painful injuries have been from flucking staples.:soapbox:
I agree - the staples do suck -
not to mention the bar code stickers put on the wrong spot of the part - for instance - copper plumbing fitting - they stick it where you have to solder = extra work to prep

440WB

Reaction score
Tail gaters - always up on your as---s
- pushing -
trying to get you to go faster...

especially when you approaching your turn up on a side street ( when another car is sitting past the stop sign more than halfway on the lane in your needed space )

Last edited:

440WB

Reaction score
maybe its me - for the most part I thought the majority of Michiganders were laid back in normal traffic cruising.
Driving +/- 10% speed limits.
I dont remember even 10 years ago of it being the way it seems today at 20 - 30mph faster.

Is it because every car seems to have a speedy race 'super fast' engine now?

440WB

Reaction score
Pedestrians crossing the main highway at the wrong place - ( when the crosswalk usally is only a few feet away )

440WB

Reaction score
Swanky - Irritating - Cheap tonka toy - annoying sound from
mustang's - corvetts with there expensive aftermarket muffler change over's

there happens to be 2 cars close to me - one mustang - one corvett late model cars that
every morning they go thru the manaul shift gears...

440WB

Reaction score
Phones have created instant gratification of information.
People drive like they expect that gratification.
Every state has "quickened" up.
now that makes some sence with the phone thing,
you may be on the something josh...

also it could have something to do with the car video games too?

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Driver's that put their left turn signal on after the light turned green. Being behind them you have to wait for all the on coming traffic to clear before they turn. Sometimes that happens on a yellow and you're now waiting for the next green cycle.

440WB

Reaction score

Crotch Rockets Motorcycles

how they think they are Invinceable !

every time we see one on the highway driving crazy insane in and out and in between -

my wife says she is praying nothing stupid happens...

440WB

Reaction score
Driver's that put their left turn signal on after the light turned green. Being behind them you have to wait for all the on coming traffic to clear before they turn. Sometimes that happens on a yellow and you're now waiting for the next green cycle.
agreed

just a few days ago
this Jack-as---s person had stopped midway of the turning lane half in and half out...

this was on a road posted at 50 mph

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Newer cars that don't have turn signals or a delay option that only come on after executing the turn.
I think the option code is AO1. Guess what that means! It's on my fender tag I guess that means Me Too.

Last edited:

heminut

Reaction score
Semi truck drivers on the interstate who wait until you are just about to pass them and then hit their left turn signal and swerve into the left lane to pass the vehicle in front of them. I spend a lot of time on I-10 between El Paso and Tucson and have been run of the road several times by these shenanigans!

I have also had to lay on the brakes HARD while towing my 5th wheel because a big rig was trying to merge onto the highway and expected me to yield to him. Every time it's happened I've had a vehicle passing me in the left lane, which left me no where to go!

I was a cop for 23 years and always cut truckers a lot of slack, I figured they were just trying to make a living the same as the rest of us. I could already see an attitude change in the big rig drivers when I retired (early 2000's). If I was still in law enforcement now I wouldn't cut them any slack whatsoever.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Heminut, I'm traveling part of the same stretch I-10 as you and I couldn't agree with you more!! The semi pasing another semi for ten miles ihappens way too often! There seems to be a lot of young inconsiderate semi truck drivers!

hdwrench

Reaction score
if like to vent ! why is it people you have known for a long time get wierd ? is it old age or today’s world we live in . i have friends i have been with for 40 years and suddenly there different people….!!!!

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Truly, only one situation can change a person's entire perspective on life or death. A mere second will make a person act and think entirely different than the previous 40 years of their lives.
I know, when my little brother died at 25 my perspective on death changed pretty quickly. It really made me value my little bit of time that I have left.
A good chat with those who you value might really help to include you into that perspective. Good people are hard to find and it is worth it to try to keep them from weirding out.

Back