• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

rear transmission seal

Jefferyzornow

Reaction score
I am a new member and would like some advise on changing rear transmission seal on A-833 transmission. Specifically suggestion on lubrication grease for the seal and since I live in a very warm climate the shop manual recommends SAE 140 fluid. Your thoughts?

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Any grease will do. Don't need a lot. Wheel bearing grease or even white lithium will work. Those Mopar engineers were pretty sharp, SAE 140 or a multi weight like SAE 85W-140 should work fine. Just don't use synthetic! Others will chime in. Share some pictures of your car!

Ricks72Chlgr440

Reaction score
I am a new member and would like some advise on changing rear transmission seal on A-833 transmission. Specifically suggestion on lubrication grease for the seal and since I live in a very warm climate the shop manual recommends SAE 140 fluid. Your thoughts?
A little vaseline on the seal and yoke as you insert it will do fine too.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Lubrication. What to use or not to use that is the question? Always questionable? Anything is better than nothing.

shity eyes.jpg

Jefferyzornow

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Any grease will do. Don't need a lot. Wheel bearing grease or even white lithium will work. Those Mopar engineers were pretty sharp, SAE 140 or a multi weight like SAE 85W-140 should work fine. Just don't use synthetic! Others will chime in. Share some pictures of your car!
Thanks for the information. Nice to hear from some one who lives in the Southwest.
IMG_5183.jpeg

Back