1. Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dismiss Notice

Waking the cuda from its winter sleep

Racers Forum

1. Cudafever

Cudafever Well-Known Member

Been trying to break into the 7s (1/8 mile) for a while. first time with my new Gopro.
    6600 foot elevation and adj altitude between the 7500 and 10,000 foot air.
    408,12.8:1 compression RHS heads,727 and 10" slicks. full body car 3860 with me in it.

Here is my first attempt at a video

• Like Like x 4
  2. rbbruno3

rbbruno3 Well-Known Member

3. Cudafever

Thanks.
    Have a race this weekend. Going to drop the timing back were i had it, re-jet the carb a couple jet size and see what happens.
    that is as long as mother nature don't pee on us this saturday.

4. Cudafever

A good Race Day!!!!!!!!
    It didn't start out well. I dropped down 2 jet size. At the race track i found a big stumble off the hit. Didn't bring my jet kit, let alone some squirters. When begging for some squirters, found a 35 which was 4 size bigger then what i had and installed it in the front squirter. fix the problem...... then i had some traction problem that was fix by lowering the air pressure in my slicks.
    At this point i put the gopro to the fender,point it at the rear slick. Didn't have another problem with traction.
    Video of 2nt round(we have a first round buy back if you lose first round) semi finals i went up against a bike. his dial was 8.17 and mine was 8.13. Basically we left together.got that round. Final round and i find out that the sled i'm racing is broke. Automatic win.......But i didn't want to win it that way so he jumped on his Sons sled. We decide to make the final round a 2 out of 3 race. I only have the first race, of the final three on the gopro because i forgot to turn it on the last 2 rounds:rolleyes:
    YES that is a red light in my lane:D But it was only red by .005 So now i was read for the final "rounds"
    2nt round i changed my dial in 8.09 the sled didn't get his dial in close enough and it was a easy win.
    How ever the final, final round, was not that easy!!!
    I wish i had turn my Gopro on. About half track i check my mirror and he is coming on strong. look at the finish line, back in the mirror.... it going to be close......TAP THE BRAKE AND HE BLOWS BY ME AT THE FINISH LINE...........he had the better light but broke out. I ran a 8.09 on a 8.09 Wow that was close.
    Here is the video mostly of my back tire but i got the go pro turned around to show my red light :D
    O yah, are printer only prints out one et slip. So the winner get the white slip and the loser get the yellow one.

• Like Like x 1