• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Code A52 Sport Fury GT package

canadianclassics2

Reaction score
Need help with the "A52" code on my 1970 Challenger Convertible buildsheet. Every Code site has it listed as the Sport Fury GT package but its on my Challenger. Anyone know what the package was pertaining to Challengers? My build sheet also has "Special Handling Car" on the bottom of the build sheet. My Challenger is 1 of 84 factory 383 4-Barrel Automatics for 1970 and is basically optioned like an R/T (Rallye Gauges, Heavy Duty Drum Brakes, Front Swaybar etc) but it is a base Challenger. Any help is appreciated.

Todd

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
the special handing designation means it may have been used as a factory show car or delivered to an executive , it just means special care was taken building the car to higher standards
Alaskan T/A is who I would contact about the A52 code

bad440

Reaction score
My 1974 Challenger Rallye 360 has the ``Special Handling Car`designation also, am original owner, I believe it was there because the car came with factory radial tires and suspension tweaks from the factory, very rare for a Challenger. It is designated A57.(not A52)

quapman

Reaction score
My 1974 Challenger Rallye 360 has the ``Special Handling Car`designation also, am original owner, I believe it was there because the car came with factory radial tires and suspension tweaks from the factory, very rare for a Challenger. It is designated A57.(not A52)

ALL cars with the Rallye Package have A57 on the sheet and tag.

bad440

Reaction score
Not sure on the A57 comment, was reading from my buildsheet, but wished to point out that `Special Handling Car`was a very rare addition on any Challenger, particularly mine which came with radial tires from factory(remembering this is a 1974 car); have never heard of any others but surely there must be a few more out there, would like to hear from anybody that has such a vehicle.

Back