• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Help needed with carb ID and what kit(s) needed to rebuild.

KVB

Reaction score
Still figuring out a couple things and I haven't had to pull anything back off the carb --- it seems to want to run well on test drives well....I think this carb rebuild is a success!

The cold starts seem fine - (two pumps), hot starts are still a ***** - advance issue?????

The choke is locked out (more likely for a reason).

NO carb leaks (TY ALL!!!!)...holds steady 180ish coolant temp, while I idled/opened/goofed around with mixture for 30-40 minutes). 6 psi fuel inlet psi, .5 out mixture screws seemed best for idle and I still reek of spent/unspent fuel.

#71 jets, floats set 1/4 inch below site hole.

It seems to high idle around 1100 after a good run through burn (6k rpm)...then settles to 950 and will idle little lower eventually.

First cold start after carb rebuild.....success!!

Last edited:

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Block the heat cross over port through the intake , 440 uses FelPro 1215 , 383 uses 1214 . You could also use a Cool carb spacer or the Holley alum one to reflect heat
Ths will stop the fuel boiling in the carb which is causing flooding / hot start issue , this fuel is nothing like 1970 fuel

KVB

Reaction score
Block the heat cross over port through the intake , 440 uses FelPro 1215 , 383 uses 1214 . You could also use a Cool carb spacer or the Holley alum one to reflect heat
Ths will stop the fuel boiling in the carb which is causing flooding / hot start issue , this fuel is nothing like 1970 fuel
It's shimmed with 1/4ish alum plate, hardware and an air-gap intake. 340 cid, it's fickle so far. Could be crap fuel....plug burn next???

IMG_0931.jpeg

IMG_0930.jpeg

Last edited:

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Ok so no heat cross over to block , it would help to extend the plate under the fuel bowls as the Holley pate does

Back