• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

kit car

challenged72

Reaction score
Brought mine home last weekend, 72' 340/4 Rallye Cali car, restoration started over 10 years ago, 2nd owner lost interest. I have been doing inventory on all the boxes of parts, may need some help along the way?
eh

SAM_0484.jpg

SAM_0486.jpg

SAM_0490.jpg

SAM_0489.jpg

Last edited:

RexDub

Reaction score
Beautiful Car, You will get all the help you need here! Welcome

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I have built a few starting about where you are , no assembly manual included unlike model kits LOL
Welcome !

CudaKeith

Reaction score
Nice car, nice color, man would that look good with black stripes. You picked the right spot for help and information, these guys are pros on this site.

Brads70

Reaction score
Welcome good way to buy it IMO you can see everything body wise this way. As long as it has all or most of the parts should be an easy assemble!

challenged72

Reaction score
working on the cabin, it's a 99k mile car from California, should I have the heater box rebuilt, or what are the things to look for besides hoses?

ramenth

Reaction score
Check out the heater core for corrosion and any leaks. You may need to replace it.

Agreed.

You can always do a quick pressure check on it with a bike inner tube. Cut one in half with the valve stem in place. Fill the heater core with water and clamp the inner tube to it, fill the inner tube with about 15# of air pressure and check for leaks. If it tests okay, do a back flush with a garden hose.

challenged72

Reaction score
Replacing the seam sealer on the cabin floor, getting ready to paint the floor (Gray), going thru the interior chrome (window cranks, lock knobs and inner door handles), just a little 0000 steel wool and a coat of wax.
Quoted almost $900 plus shipping to rebuild the heater box, I am not building Concours so I think I'm gonna take a look...
Thanks for the help and advice.
eh
Who's window felts do you recommend?

challenged72

Reaction score
9 months later my baby?

SAM_1171_zpse0fab71b.jpg

SAM_1173_zps659fe643.jpg

SAM_1176_zpse77b97d0.jpg

Engine is in and heat cycled twice, need a trip to Bluegrass mufflers to connect the Pypes system to the headers.

Bill

Reaction score
Looks like fun. Very nice!
I don't know if I came up with this or if I read it somewhere. It seems like there are four things why a project like this does not get finished.
1) run out of $
2) loose the place to work on it.
3) loose the desire.
4) loose suport from spouse.
Looks like the previous owner lost #3 and you were able to take advantage of it.
Merry Christmas.

Back