• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Ma's `cuda. A long time coming.

Ghoulardi

Reaction score
That "big hole" looks pretty tidy and sanitary once you got the nice rubber trim grommet in place. No worries.

mmissile

Reaction score
Today I spent a couple hours reshaping and setting up the dipstick for the engine. It's ready for a couple small tigs, then a powder-coating. The SRT engines all have the dipstick on the right side, going into the cast aluminum pan. NFG for me.

2na5q4x.jpg

znwhax.jpg

1256qhk.jpg

25ksj6o.jpg

mmissile

Reaction score
Doing some tedious stuff. Got the dipstick shaped correctly, tab welded on, and powder coated. YEA. I wanted the mounting plate for my hydraulic brakes coated[can't have raw aluminum], for I decided to take it apart. HA!.... It wasn't meant to be disassembled, and it looks like they may have had issues with one at some point[so much effort to make it not come apart]. It's assembled with a toothed nut, nuclear lock-tite, and a snap-ring just in case[plus no access with regular tools]. I had to make a socket to fit in the recess of the plate, and over the back of the hydraulic unit. Once I had a socket that would fit....it took a 3 foot adjustable wrench and some grunt to get it off. We did, and milled the free advertising off as I prepped the piece for powder. It'll probably go back together this coming weekend. Fun times! Oh, anybody selling a 68-69 hemi road runner?..... I'm looking for one. I sold the racecar this past week.

26234zn.jpg

2ma5cl.jpg

25ul3wy.jpg

2ptpjyx.jpg

2mcgmdl.jpg

15rmrtk.jpg

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I don't run logo's on stuff that I don't get any discount or given parts/help. All this stuff costs too much to advertise for free. We started with a used, 3/4 drive, PROTO upper ball-joint socket, then spent about an hour on the lathe and mill... to make it work for the removal of that toothed nut. The plate had to come off to make it black, anyways.

mTdG7X5EDR02IN19UdOIWwQ.jpg

I had to move the car to back of my shop, as I have to prepare the racecar for it's final trip with me.... So ma's car saw some daylight again.

scyzhy.jpg

Unloading into the shop..........
15rjhup.jpg

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
Finally got the project back in the shop, after detailing the old racecar for delivery. I got the hydraulic unit back together and re-installed, got the dipstick coated/mounted, and with some friendly help....got the trans cover bolted up. I've got 90% of the electrical components ready to finish installing, so we can fire the beast. This is taking longer than even I expected.

2u41yde.jpg

2envvv5.jpg

2d80y15.jpg

Last edited:

Drew1968

Reaction score
I haven't talked to you in a while but I'm very glad to see you getting this together. (GB from SF)

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
The patience (showing restraint from just hacking it together) is what takes this to the next level.

During my build (which is vastly less than yours) there is probably 10+ things going at all times.
Work on something while planning the "how to" for the next. When figured out, jump in with both feet on that and think/plan on how to get past the next obstacle.

Carry on...

Mike.

mmissile

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm working on 3 other cars, and all my usual upkeep on the other crap around here. Right now, I'm waiting on a friend to help me with some wiring. He's very retentive, and works to my satisfaction.....however, he ain't speedy at getting to things.

mmissile

Reaction score
I figured it was time to do some more stuff on the project. My buddy Mick and I, mounted the battery, built and ran the power leads to the front of the car, and I made a mock-up of the panel for mounting the electronics. I'll get the panel made soon, and probably have everything mounted in the next week or two. Mick is more anal than me, and he makes everything "perfect". His wire ends are a project by themselves. It's nice to know I have some great friends and help. At this rate, it'll make noise in a month. If we don't have to power-up a bunch more stuff from the back, I have smaller cable ends for the battery posts. We'll see.

5aqd1w.jpg

dg0v1t.jpg

34fh00j.jpg

2qx9t8o.jpg

zjw2mv.jpg

ilynaw.jpg

10znyit.jpg

33dh750.jpg

opn5lk.jpg

2i6nbiv.jpg

16bd375.jpg

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
Ernie[MOTOFAB] made the panel in about 1/2 hour[scrap cut-offs and the welder]. Gotta locate all the electrical stuff, drill holes, then powder-coat the piece.

2luwhuo.jpg

35l6dj9.jpg

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
Not much to report. Finished the foam install, dug out the carpet I had stored since 2000...and found a huge nest had been being built at one time. We found almost 5 lbs of dog food in the rolled up carpet. Unfortunately, there's also 2 holes chewed in it. We cut it anyways for a test fit. Gravity made it start to lay out in no time. Gotta thank J.R. again, for his help installing and pressing the foam into the indentations of the floor pan.

11kh11k.jpg

fyfl2b.jpg

28wnubk.jpg

1zlr8dx.jpg

2vl8z13.jpg

2vmvbyp.jpg

2d14unr.jpg

2vnfhg5.jpg

My new car has been absorbing some time, and I'm waiting on the new carpets.

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
I've got the control panel setup for installation. A fuse box attaches to the bottom/left, and there's still 4 relays to attach from the harness. I hope to have this done next week, and most of the initial mechanical wiring completed. Then, it's just the body/factory harnesses. It's apparent I haven't cleaned that bench for awhile. LOL

10muagi.jpg

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
Well, after 3 hours, we got this unit mounted into the car. 10lbs in a 5lb bag.

11izmza.jpg

Now to start powering up all the components.......

30ifa52.jpg

10713rk.jpg

all in all, a very neat installation of lots of pieces. Mick has been invaluable to this process.

Last edited:

03HDFB

Reaction score
Looks great Mike.....JUst love what you guys are doing!

Back