• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Ma's `cuda. A long time coming.

mmissile

Reaction score
Thanks....but I already own 2 racecars, and this is being built to duplicate the whole "new-car" in an old body feel. I need a "driver" to have some more normal type fun with. I'm quite tired of the racecar and too-built streetcar deal. The new 6.4 will have plenty of power to really travel with.

mmissile

Reaction score
Well, got the rear axle area almost done. Joe Pappas[Mopar Missile team] and my friend Bill Goodwin, helped with the heavy work as I'm trying not to screw up my new knee. Got the new pig, axles, and Wilwood e-brakes in place on the Hotchkiss springs. Ernie Miyamoto[Motofab] has most of the fab and fitting done, and has to start the tig welding. Next comes the front suspension, to make it a roller for the trip home.

23iz59c.jpg

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
Mounted the MMP tank with coated straps, Earls plumbing, and a harness for the pump. We put the fuel lines thru the rear shock cross-member with grommets, and are gonna mount the regulator/filter ahead of the cross-member. It'll be stainless hardline to the engine bay. The radiator is mocked into position, and we're gonna cut the lower core support piece out, weld in the XV motorsports front frame tie...then tig the lower core support back into place. You'll have to look for it, to see it.

1ha005.jpg

fjqpm1.jpg

xdbme0.jpg

s5icrd.jpg

24yxtfl.jpg

Gotta get some shocks this week, and start assembling the front suspension of the car.

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
Got the XV front frame tie in. Gotta finish tig-welding the sheetmetal/lower core support back into place. It'll be a nearly invisible addition.

rkscvr.jpg

2wfolde.jpg

10pyh5u.jpg

x43rmb.jpg

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
Got all the fuel lines mocked up and duplicated in 3/8" stainless. Also picked up all the brake-lines and e-brake cables in stainless. This thing will be a mechanical roller, very soon. We're gonna have to fab some tubes thru the frame connectors for the e-brake stuff to be hidden well. I've decided to do the exhaust now, since the car is there for headers. Hope everybody enjoys the weekend, and keeps our troops in our minds and hearts.

mmissile

Reaction score
Got the rear brakes on, stainless E-brake cables run, and 1 subframe connector painted. Had to do some grinding and a little mill work to get everything fitting correctly. My fab guy is busy with multiple cars always coming and going[mostly headers/exhaust], and isn't welding on the car right now. Gotta put stainless bolts in place for a few small things. It's an hour to his shop and $30.00 for fuel every trip....so I'll wait to get more done. The rear swaybar and hardware are coated and ready to go also. After he does about an hour of welding, I gotta touch up a bit of underside paint, and time to put all the new front-end and engine/trans back in. All the stainless fuel and brake-lines are ready also. It's getting there.

Gotta make a couple small brkts to hold e-brake cable ball-ends to the wildwood levers, and hold the hard brake-lines to the swaybar mounts.

rj191s.jpg

24wxe9j.jpg

Ernie[fab guy] and Bill [oldest friend]
sqjn7k.jpg

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
Got a bunch more done. Rear needs flex lines to calipers. The front end is in[not tightened], trans tunnel mods/subframe connetors done and painted, and engine and transmission is installed. Now for the headers and exhaust to be built. After that, we'll get the NAG1 shifter into the console. I'm hoping that'll be all the real "fab" work that'll need to be done at MotoFab. The owner[Ernie] and I are good friends, and he's the ONLY guy that'll be doing the headers/exhaust, and a bit of his welding expertise on any of my cars.

4zt5pt.jpg

ih7cpl.jpg

29crnky.jpg

2dl7q5v.jpg

otqdcx.jpg

mmissile

Reaction score
frontend all bolted in. We got the E-brakes working, and the fuel and brake lines are installed. 2 more days of my work, and the exhaust....then she comes home. No hurry about this, as I need to keep generating cash for the big pieces.

28vwz87.jpg

azcrpz.jpg

1e57c6.jpg

b9gkqq.jpg

2lsxwd5.jpg

9u3osm.jpg

334p178.jpg

downtime!

Reaction score
Just read back through the whole thread, really cool tribute and a very nice build! My car was originally F7 (Dark Sherwood?) green, and the more I see that color, the more I want to repaint it back to it.

mmissile

Reaction score
Thank you. People remember these colors being darker and more drab. The reality is that the paint wasn't clear-coated, and the metallics oxidized over time......making them less appealing, and yes...darker. I gotta get the heater/ac box in next. Then I can run the harness, mount the electronics, reshape the water-pipes, and get things arranged. Tons of stuff to do.....:icon_eek: E-brake cable passes thru the frame connector in a tube...

hve2xw.jpg

Last edited:
Back