• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Ma's `cuda. A long time coming.

mmissile

Reaction score
To use the factory e-brake cables on the Wilwood setup, we had to shape brackets and mill round pockets for the cable-ball retainers and tig them to the Wilwood levers. All the smallest stuff added up, are the time killers. LOL

23uv2gz.jpg

ra5gn6.jpg

Last edited:

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
To use the factory e-brake cables on the Wilwood setup, we had to shape brackets and mill round pockets for the cable-ball retainers and tig them to the Wilwood levers. All the smallest stuff added up, are the time killers. LOL

Yes, when deviating from factory it is amazing all the custom small brackets and fabrication required.
I am only deviating from early year factory to later model mechanics and it seems never ending.
Tough knowing 99.9% of lookers will never notice the smalls.

Thanks for the update. Been wondering how it is progressing.

Mike.

mmissile

Reaction score
Well, the front end is all there. No brake hoses at this point, but that'll be done when I get to the hydro-boost stuff. We're waiting on the custom rear rims to be made[3-6 weeks], and the rear is all done except the brake hoses. I need to find a driveshaft out of a recent Charger/300[4-bolt flange], so we can do the tone-wheel thing for the speed sensors, on the soon to be fabbed driveshaft. I'm getting my left knee replaced on 11-13, so time is starting to crunch. I wanted to have the whole underside done before hand.....but it's not looking like that'll happen.

16abrch.jpg

1romc4.jpg

2hpsuth.jpg

23uufs7.jpg

downtime!

Reaction score
Is that color the equivalent of GF7 green? My Challenger was GF7 originally, and if it's even close to that color, I'm considering a repaint. Your car is absolutely gorgeous!

03HDFB

Reaction score
Really taking shape...Crap.....Just gave my last driveline to a buddy!

mmissile

Reaction score
Today is my mother's birthday. She would have been 81. I miss ya ma...........your car will be alright. You'd have loved this.

Last edited:

03HDFB

Reaction score
Awesome thoughts Mike!! Hey....I sent ya a Text on the Driveline!
G

mmissile

Reaction score
First time in 20 years, it's on wheels and it rolls. WOO HOO!! The rear will settle some with weight, and we have to make a couple adjustments to the rear shackles and wheel lips.

od8vm.jpg

Last edited:

03HDFB

Reaction score
Fricken Awesome Mike....20 years??? Very happy for you and I'm sure Smiles from above!

mmissile

Reaction score
Thanks guys....I'm jazzed. I measured the height of the fender edge on either side of the hood It's 27 1/2" from the garage floor. I'm wondering what's average on a stockish `cuda. I know the rear is gonna drop some, with the finishing of the car. If we need to lower it a little...we have that worked out. It's gonna be bothersome to be down for 6-8 weeks from surgery recovery..

Last edited:

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
It looks stunning sitting there.
I had my 68 Mustang disassembled for over 15 years. So I know what you are feeling.
Motivation factor will only get stronger now.

Best wishes on the surgery and minimal down time.
Mike.

mmissile

Reaction score
Thank you. Just got back from Judas Priest at the FOX Theatre in Detroit. We had 3rd row/center, in nice comfy chairs. They killed! Back to the `cuda during this week.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
That's just about the best place to see a concert indoors in the Motor City. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Back