• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Ma's `cuda. A long time coming.

mmissile

Reaction score
Well, went to the shop today. Ernie spent a few hours on the headers. They fit very nicely, and are removable without any other pieces interfering. I have to order some V-clamps, and he'll get to the exhaust next. No hurry at this point, cause I get my left knee replaced next Thursday. There's plenty of fab stuff to do, and I'll be able to go back and forth to his shop within a week or two. Going to meet Motley Crue tomorrow...woo hoo!

o59jr6.jpg

6scnzr.jpg

2n861zo.jpg

121tr0n.jpg

30lj7k1.jpg

erlvle.jpg

Bill

Reaction score
First time in 20 years, it's on wheels and it rolls. WOO HOO!! The rear will settle some with weight, and we have to make a couple adjustments to the rear shackles and wheel lips.

od8vm.jpg

WOW!! Love, love,love it! Love the history even better. This one is for you Ma!

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Look at those headers, like sculpture! (I'm an art fanatic so I'm way into quality craftsmanship.)

mmissile

Reaction score
Thanks. Ernie likes his stuff to fit well, and be as pleasing to the eye as possible. He's well known for his exhaust systems. Between him[MotoFab] and QC Coatings...they make some stuff that works and looks like jewelry. These are the headers he built for my old prostocker[multi-step]...

20pjy1.jpg

10cjcr7.jpg

mmissile

Reaction score
I'm also debating on the color of the header coating. I'm leaning towards cast-iron color, as the black is already in abundance under the hood, and the #1 tube sticks out enough to look like a sore member, if it were the polished silver. The exhaust system will be natural stainless, with polished magnaflows and TTI tips.

Last edited:

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
Best wishes on the surgery and rapid recovery.

2 thumbs up on the progress and those headers ARE works of art.

Mike

mmissile

Reaction score
Well. We were trying to install the tone-ring for the speed sensors at the front of the driveshaft, and realized we needed more room. So, we notched the uni-body cross member for more height/width, and had to locate the sensors to the already finished trans mount. That meant pulling the trans again, locating/fabbing parts, and re-coated some stuff. At this point...we believe to have the stuff ready, except for the driveshaft being made. The headers are done, but my powder/ceramic coaters are moving their business to a larger facility, and will behind for 2-3 weeks. At this rate....we may have it running by mid-Jan. I just called Ernie[Moto-Fab], and he has the radiator brkts welded and mounted. WOO HOO. Many kudos to Ernie for keeping this moving while I'm healing. He's a great fabricator and friend. I'll be sneaking to his shop this week, between PT and nurse visits.[grrrrr] I'm not supposed to be driving....:laughing7:

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
clearance increase...

2z4lj5z.jpg

j0b80h.jpg

2vl7beo.jpg

Factory new Challenger/Charger trans lines fit nicely.....

2qsyuu0.jpg

speed sensors and new mounts, with the trunion/tone-wheel bolted together....

308vayg.jpg

2m6nb6a.jpg

11snh9u.jpg

Radiator mocked into place and brackets welded....

w8kv2s.jpg

drfjwh.jpg

b7zxo9.jpg

Underside, with most stuff in place....

2qi4g8o.jpg

mmissile

Reaction score
The next 2 projects are getting the new NAG1 shifter into the old console, and the driveshaft built/installed...... After that, his doing the stainless exhaust is a cake-walk for him.

seneca

Reaction score
I live in the Metro area ( Redford ) and hope I can see your finished product at meets this coming summer! You've done a beautiful job.

js29

Reaction score
Good things take time, you are doing a grate car and a grate job. why rush it when you are so close to to perfection

mmissile

Reaction score
Ordered up a custom made/aluminum driveshaft today. I should install it this weekend. It requires that I lose the factory rubber-biscuit stuff on the front. It seems to be one engineering change after another, with the driveline setup I've chosen. It'll be worth it though.;)

http://www.ccidriveline.com/driveline

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm getting around better, daily. PT isn't happy with some of the stuff I'm doing....but I'm not over-doing it. At least I don't think so. My other replacement was in April, and it's doing great.

Back