• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Ma's `cuda. A long time coming.

mmissile

Reaction score
When you see it. You'll see it's not my typical over-done car. I just want a nice driver. Pictures always make things look better or worse than the actual thing is.

mmissile

Reaction score
Got all the painting and coating done on the column, except for the green. The flat black parts are etching primer. The lower bearing and clip arrived today...so now I'm waiting on the upper bearing and NOS lockset. I don't see anything wrong with my original wiring harnesses/switches., so my wiring guy and I agree I should use them again.

ogzyib.jpg

mmissile

Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of progress. Seems my interest level is taking a nosedive again. It may be time to get it back home and covered up. I've been playing with my firearms, and it's getting warmer and my motorcycles are whispering to me......

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
Went by the shop today to drop-off and pick-up some parts. The exhaust was just being finished. It would seem I'll be urged towards having myself and Ernie to do everything we can while on the hoist. I think we're both at the point of it being almost done at his shop for the time being... very soon. It'll be easier to continue a bunch of the tedious stuff at home. I got an small injection of interest today.

From the headers back, everything in the exhaust system is stainless. It's funny how a magnet will only stick to the mufflers.

23uab7b.jpg

1zyzyoz.jpg

5yi3hv.jpg

33dilqr.jpg

24b97k6.jpg

k33iiv.jpg

....and here's the sign I had made for his business.
1fhkqd.jpg

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
Thanks guys.....Haven't bolted up the convertor, or finished up the small detail stuff. I'd also like to complete the plumbing before bringing it home.

mmissile

Reaction score
Went with Bill today, and we bolted up the convertor, attached the new engine accessories and serpentine belt, and gave the front-end an eyeball alignment. Water pipes are next.

i6i1wn.jpg

20u7twi.jpg

v688w2.jpg

2w4xw7o.jpg

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
Thanks my friend. I have to decide what to do about that ugly-ass plate where the A/C and heater hoses exit the car. I didn't want to weld up the original cowl....but that crap is awful. I gotta figure a way to make it look more factory and like it belongs there. It'll be another pause for thoughts on this process. In the mean time, I'll get the condenser and hose routing planned out for that.

mmissile

Reaction score
I spent a couple hours in the garage, rebuilding the steering column. I need one snap-ring that "snapped"....otherwise it's coming out great. I'll paint it "suede" finish green in the next few days. It'll be lots of careful masking, but I painted cars for years. I know it would have needed repainting after assembly anyways. Just too much handling of the parts.

35lw76c.jpg

2yy5pci.jpg

16byb91.jpg

2h6yn2v.jpg

03HDFB

Reaction score
Mike....That thing is soooooooo Sweet!
I so can't wait to see that Vid of the first drive!!
Hey....Did you take a look at the "Techco SC" Cold Air Intake
See if it will work for your aplication? I still have one if it will work for you!
G

mmissile

Reaction score
Got shifter in. Still gotta route the cable to the NAG1.

2m3fu4m.jpg

10ie5p2.jpg

Also bolted up the hydratech and brake pedal. I have to take it apart, and mill off the advertising. I'll have the mounting plate coated.

6o0fwj.jpg

35iy8zm.jpg

1zmi6md.jpg

The new Challenger/Charger, A/C condenser/trans cooler is gonna be a great fit.

s2uzpj.jpg

It appears the car will be coming home next weekend, if the weather permits.

119zfxx.jpg

24bjmea.jpg

1z30zrq.jpg

Last edited:

Ghoulardi

Reaction score
Are you going to have that thing done in four months for the Mopar Nationals?

moparleo

Reaction score
Just a note. I don't know what year the shifter came from but most came with a plastic shifter interlocks that will fail. Dorman and others make a metal replacement. Just incase. I already replaced the one on my Magnum R/T.
interlock metal (2).jpginterlock plastic (2).jpg

interlock metal (2).jpg

interlock plastic (2).jpg

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
It's a new replacement shifter[dirty from sitting in the shop] I got from ebay or Hotwire[can't remember which right now]. Do you have a picture of the part you're talking about? If it's gonna break...I'd like to replace it now. Thanks.

NOTE: Just ordered the Dorman part. I'll put it in in, though I think my shifter is a bunch newer and probably updated. Easier now, than later.

Thanks......Mike.

Last edited:
Back