• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Kudos to Summit Racing - Extreme Non Kudos to Magnaflow

cudablue

Reaction score
I'll keep short and to the point....
I bought the 3" Stainless Steel exhaust kit for my 71 Cuda, 340, 4 sp from Summit Racing. I polished the system to even more of a shine. :happy4: Prior to test fitting. :p
The system does "NOT" fit 4 speeds and "through valance" tailpipes.
The "X" portion hits the reverse linkage. The tailpipes not only turn down prior to valance but are curved wrong over the axle.
I went rounds with Magnaflow (trying to save Summit the trouble)educating them that their system would not fit and ask for a resolution.
The customer service guy and the top Sale manager told me "too bad" and to "take a hike". They said they had not run into this before. We verified correct part number and schematics.
I told them they need to change the website. They did say they would look into changing their website details and application and notify the vendors. riiiiiight!

Anyway, Summit Racing re-imbursed me for custom fitting the tailpipes and having the reverse linkage fabricated.
Summit was awesome. They helped me find a shop that had the special madrel bender.
That is customer service!! :icon_cheers:

Last edited:

TinCuda

Reaction score
That is really cool. I have bought a lot of Summit stuff. They are great.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
That is great. It is refreshing to hear stories like that. I guess they have been around a long time for a reason.

ramenth

Reaction score
That is pretty good.

Now the question will be if Summit, as a vendor for Magnaflow, will be putting pressure on the source to back up what you told 'em once already.

mopar70

Reaction score
Magnaflow sold me a kit for my truck and it did not work either. Had to get a custom pipe made to make it work.

Back